Thursday, January 26, 2012

FAMILY TREASURE THURSDAY POSTCARD TO MY GREAT GRAND AUNT MARY GALLAHER 1916

Among the old family treasures that were passed down are 4 vintage postcards addressed to my great grand aunt Mary Gallaher. She is the sister of my great grandma Katherine Gallaher / Gallagher mother of my Grandma Grace


The first one is dated February 12, 1916. Mary is living in Mora, Minnesota where her sister lives.
Post card is written in pencil so hard to read but what I can make out is
Dear Aunt
Received your card was glad to hear from you
Mary got a boy Feb 4th named him James, he
weighed 9 1/2 pounds.
Alda Davidson married a man out in Texas
next two words I can not make out
signed Catherine


Catherine is the daughter of Bridget who is Mary's sister, the mentioned new mother. I find it an interesting chose that she writes a message of new baby on this post card picturing the Oak Grove Mausoleum in La Crosse, Wisconsin.

If you think we are related through this family or any other mentioned family I would love to hear from you. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...