Friday, July 5, 2013

Researching Cheuvront Family Line ~ Aaron Cheuvront and the Civil War

 This month I have decided to concentrate on my Cheuvront family line. The family line began in America with Joseph Cheuvront and the last Cheuvront in my family line was my second great grandmother Alta Cheuvront who married John Coleman in 1866.
 It is believed that Aaron was married three times with Amanda Matilda Grant being wife number 1, Sarah Richards wife number two and that he married for the third time to Matilda Bolin.
In researching I have found that Aaron Charles  fought in the Civil War on the Union side . He was residing in West Virginia and was in the 11th Regiment, West Virginia Infantry Company K and was a private during his time in the military.
Tonight I found at http://www.civilwararchive.com/unionwv.htm,  http://www.wvcivilwar.com/union-regiments/11th-west-virginia-infantry/
Information on the 11th Regiment Infantry the following..
In researching I have found that Aaron Charles  fought in the Civil War on the Union side . He was residing in West Virginia and was in the 11th Regiment, West Virginia Infantry Company K and was a private during his time in the military.
What I am still searching for is when he enlisted and when he was mustered out. These records can be found at the National Archives if I do not find them on the Internet.

I now know of three ancestors who fought in the civil war. Besides Aaron Cheuvront  my great great grandfather John Lockwood and John's brother Frederick Lockwood fought on the union side. Both signed up with Wisconsin Calvary and served about one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...