Saturday, April 23, 2016

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun Childhood Memories

It is time for Saturday Night genealogy fun. 


Randy over at Genea Musings Saturday posting party we are asked to share me of

our childhood memories.

1) Judy Russell asked six questions in her Keynote address at RootsTech 2014 to determine if audience members knew certain family stories about their parents, grandparents and great-grandparents.  She demonstrated very well that family stories are lost within three generations if they are not recorded and passed on to later generations.

2) This week, I want you to answer Judy's six questions, but about YOUR own life story, not your ancestors.  Here are the questions:

a) What was your first illness as a child?

b) What was the first funeral you attended?

c) What was your favorite book as a child?

d) What was your favorite class in elementary school?

e) What was your favorite toy as a child?

f) Did you learn how to swim, and where did you learn?


This is my story….

a) My first illness was probably mumps.  I have a small scar on the edge of my nose from this mump adventure

b) My first funeral probably was my maternal grandfather Day February 1964.  Grandpa Zion passed away in 1958 but he lived in the state of Washington and we were in Minnesota.


Grandpa Day, Grandma Grace left to right Me ( Grace) Bonnie my cousin and sister Mary
and in the front of Bonnie is her sister Cheryl.  I was the tallest then but no more.


c) My favorite book would have been a Nancy Drew mystery.  I have fond memories of going to the old Duluth library on Saturday’s.  They had a staircase that would go to the second floor that featured a glass floor.  What a beautiful old building.



d) My favorite class would have been in the 5th grade at Jefferson Elementary.  The teacher was Mr. Alex Sisto and he was so kind.  I do not remember what he taught but I thought he was so nice.



e) My favorite toy would of probably been my Lu Anne doll from my grandparents.

f) Sadly I never learned to swim.  I was terrified of trying to learn and always was too sick to attend.  I wish I had learned when I was young.  Every once in a while my hubby or a grand child will attempt but I never have had the patience to keep on.  Easier to sit and watch grandpa play with the grand kids.


So here are a few memories of my childhood. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...