Friday, January 20, 2012

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy - Week 3 Free Online Genealogy Tools


Week 3 – Free Online Genealogy Tools: Free online genealogy tools are like gifts from above. Which ones are you most thankful for? How has it helped your family history experience.

What is FREE Online Genealogy tools to use to help with my family research. There is  Roots Web which is part of Ancestry hopefully it will stay free. Then there is the LDS Family research .
My favorite place is the Duluth down town library. I do not spend enough time there but when I go I enjoy myself so much. I could get lost in the research area.
They have the local newspaper that dates back into the 1800's and I have been able to find information on the death of my great great uncle George Day in 1928. That is a story I have started here but it needs further telling. The question is do you share what was never told to you?  Do you share the full story ?

The library research room is better than a candy store. No calories but full of goodies. Shelves and shelves of books.
We also have a LDS Family History Center here in Duluth. I have not taken advantage of this as of yet. Went to one genealogy meeting there and looked around. With the Internet I do not take advatage of these free sites enough. One of my goals will be this year to change that habit.
Our local Genealogical Society meets on Monday nights and this is not a good night for me.

Thanks for stopping by, take a moment and read some of my previous postings. If you think we may be related some how I would love to hear from you. Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I am nowhere  done searching for my roots. For my missing family members.  So many to fine so little time.  This has been a hard few years ...